Thursday, June 11, 2009

..... and you wish me to smile !!!

I started a journey all alone, with my soul.
I wished I could complete it without a foul.
The journey is long and the path is rough.
I never realized it would be so tough.

The more I proceed, the more I discover.
There are many mistakes that I should cover.
There are many sins that I should commit.
It is no longer the same Kshitiz, God forbid.

I had taken vows to protect the weak.
These are the days my promises tweak.
I could not keep the promises I made.
One more Kshitiz begins to fade.

My path is now lost, all my destinations gone.
I left my original path, that cannot be now undone.
I wish if I could return, I wish if I could be the same.
But now I am 'smart' enough to call it a part of the game.

People now ask me why do you cry.
You did your best, whatever you could try.
There is no reason you should be ashamed.
For there is no reason should your soul be blamed.

I told my soul the same, "there are no reasons to be sad".
It replied, you deceived me lad, and said,
" you could not keep the promises even for a while.
... And you wish me to find reasons to smile!!! "

6 comments:

Two Cup Tea said...

I like it :)
I also wish you smiles

Namrata said...

hi,

I liked the poem.. however, it sounds very depressive and I wish that only the poem sounds so, not you :)

- Namrata (I hope you still remember me, IIT-K, The Times of India)

Kshitiz Verma. said...

Of course I remember you. It is not so depressive but yes normally in my writings you would find more of the negative approaches, which in itself is not considered so bad by me if it does not harm anyone.

ankit verma said...

o!!!!

Unknown said...

I love it. :)

kshipra said...

I guess life is just like that,
We need not a reason to smile,
For a smile is the reason itself,
To rejoice and open-heartedly give thanks,
Smile for the sake of a smile,
Smile for the sake of happiness,
Smile for the sake of life,
Smile because of hope left in life,
Kshipra